This winter vegetable stew is a delicious, hearty and vegan-friendly meal. It’s filled with seasonal root vegetables, such as parsnips, carrots and turnips, and is flavoured with garlic and herbs. Serve this stew with your favourite bread or crackers and enjoy a comforting dinner.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 large turnip, peeled and diced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the parsnips, carrots and turnip to the pot. Stir to combine. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and add the thyme and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot with a lid and simmer for 25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
Serve warm with your favourite bread or crackers.