This vol-au-vent recipe is the perfect way to make use of chicken leftovers. The combination of wild mushrooms and a creamy sauce makes it a delicious dish.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound wild mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or diced
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until they are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour until combined.
Stir in the heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper. Add the cooked chicken and stir to combine.
Serve on puff pastry shells for a tasty vol-au-vent.