This very moist honey cake is the perfect dessert for Christmas, as it’s both delicious and dairy-free. Enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup buttermilk (or almond milk)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together the sugar and melted butter until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the honey.
- Stir in the dry ingredients alternately with the buttermilk. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Let cool before serving.