This traditional Algerian dish is easy to make and delicious. It’s a great way to experience the flavors of North Africa! To make it, you’ll need vermicelli noodles, chicken, spices, and a few other ingredients.
- 1/2 pound of vermicelli noodles
- 1 pound of boneless chicken
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add the vermicelli noodles and cook for 8-10 minutes or until al dente.
- Meanwhile, cut the chicken into small chunks and season with the cumin, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the seasoned chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes or until cooked through. li >< li > Drain the cooked vermicelli noodles and add them to the skillet with the chicken. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until everything is heated through. li >< li > Serve warm with your favorite side dish. li > ol >