This vegetarian terrine or fake foie gras is a great alternative to traditional recipes. It’s easy to make, delicious and healthy. Plus, it can be enjoyed by vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike!
- 3 cups cooked white beans
- 1/2 cup cooked wild rice
- 1/4 cup walnut oil
- 1/4 cup shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor, combine the beans, wild rice, walnut oil, shallots, garlic, parsley, thyme and lemon juice. Blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Line a 9×5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper. li >< li > Pour the bean mixture into the pan and spread evenly. li >< li > Cover with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes. li >< li > Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before slicing into desired portions. li > ol > < p > Serve with a side salad or as an appetizer. Enjoy! p >