These Vegetarian Samosas are a delicious snack or appetizer. They are made with potatoes, peas and cheese, all wrapped in a crispy pastry shell. Serve them hot with a side of chutney or your favorite dipping sauce.
- 1 package of ready-made puff pastry sheets
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and diced into small cubes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a medium pot, cook the potatoes in boiling water until tender but still firm, about 10 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and let cool slightly before adding to a bowl with the peas, cheese and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Cut puff pastry sheets into 12 equal squares.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the potato mixture in the center of each square. Fold up the corners of each square to make a triangle shape, pressing down lightly to seal.
- Brush each samosa lightly with oil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.