This Vegetarian Butternut Falafel recipe is an easy and healthy vegan meal that can be served as a side-dish, or as a main dish. It’s packed with flavour and nutrition, and is sure to be a hit with vegetarians, vegans, and meat-eaters alike!
- 1 cup (250ml) uncooked butternut squash, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup (60ml) fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5ml) ground cumin
- 1 tsp (5ml) ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp (2.5ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1.25ml) pepper
- 3/4 cup (180ml) cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Place the cubed butternut squash on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the parsley, garlic, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper.
- Add the chickpeas and mash with a fork until combined.
- Add the flour and stir to combine.
- Form the mixture into 1-inch balls and place onto the baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.