This easy vegetarian curry is full of flavor and perfect for a weeknight dinner. It’s made with tender cauliflower, broccoli and sweet potatoes in a creamy coconut sauce flavored with Indian spices.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 can (14 ounces) coconut milk
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, turmeric and cayenne pepper (if using). Stir to combine.
- Add the sweet potato cubes and stir to coat with the spices. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the cauliflower and broccoli. Pour in the coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.