This Vegetable – Cabbage Cannelloni with Buckwheat and Shiitake Filling is a simple yet delicious vegan dish. Perfect for a vegetarian dinner, this recipe is easy to make and will be sure to impress your guests!
- 1 head of cabbage
- 1 cup uncooked buckwheat groats
- 3/4 cup shiitake mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Carefully remove the outer leaves of the cabbage and add them to the boiling water. Boil for 5 minutes, then remove with a slotted spoon. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the buckwheat groats, mushrooms, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Lay out one of the boiled cabbage leaves on a cutting board. Place 2-3 tablespoons of the filling in the center of the leaf and roll up from both sides. Place in an 8×8 inch baking dish.
- Repeat with remaining cabbage leaves and filling.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.