This Vegetable and Ricotta Filo Pie is a delicious vegetarian dish that makes for a great dinner! The combination of vegetables, ricotta cheese and the crunchy filo pastry is simply irresistible. Plus, it’s so easy to make that you can have it ready in no time.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 zucchini, diced
- 1/2 eggplant, diced
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 package filo pastry
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add red pepper, zucchini and eggplant and cook until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in ricotta cheese.
- Line a 9-inch (23 cm) pie plate with half of the filo pastry. Spread the vegetable mixture on top. Cover with remaining filo pastry.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.