This vegan mushroom bourguignon beef is a classic dish that will please everyone. The combination of mushrooms and beef makes this dish both filling and flavorful. Serve it with some potatoes or a side salad for a complete meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups cooked lentils or vegan beef-style strips
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until they are softened and lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the vegetable broth, thyme, tomato paste, red wine, and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked lentils or beef-style strips. Cook for another 10 minutes.
Serve warm over mashed potatoes or your favorite grain.