This delicious cake is the perfect way to end a special meal. A classic sponge cake filled with vanilla cream, topped with red fruits for an extra touch of sweetness.
- 4 eggs
- 200g of sugar
- 140g of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 100ml of milk
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
For the filling:
- 500ml of whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons of icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- A selection of red fruits (strawberries, raspberries, cherries etc.)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Grease and line a 25cm bundt tin.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar until pale and fluffy. Sift in the flour and baking powder and fold into the mixture. Add the milk and melted butter and mix until well combined. li > < li >Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely. li > < li >Whisk together the cream, icing sugar and vanilla extract until soft peaks form. Spread over the cooled cake and top with your choice of red fruits. Enjoy! li > ol >