This delicious dish is perfect for a midweek meal. Filled with millet, a nutritious grain, and topped with leftover roast chicken, these stuffed tomatoes are sure to please the whole family.
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1/2 cup millet, cooked according to package instructions
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup cooked, shredded roast chicken
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Slice the tops off of the tomatoes and scoop out the insides using a spoon or melon baller. Reserve the tomato insides for another use.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cooked millet, Parmesan cheese, oregano, basil, salt and pepper.
- Stuff each of the hollowed-out tomatoes with the millet mixture.
- Top each stuffed tomato with a spoonful of shredded roast chicken. < li > Place stuffed tomatoes on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until heated through. li > < li > Serve warm. li > ol >