This traditional Italian dessert is perfect for the holidays. With its creamy mascarpone filling, espresso-soaked ladyfingers, and festive topping of candied chestnuts, this tiramisu will be the highlight of any Christmas dinner.
- 500 g mascarpone cheese
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups espresso
- 1 package of ladyfingers
- 1 cup candied chestnuts, chopped
- In a large bowl, beat together the mascarpone cheese, eggs, and sugar until creamy.
- In a shallow dish, combine the espresso and ladyfingers. Allow to soak for 5 minutes.
- Line the bottom of an 8×8 inch baking dish with half of the soaked ladyfingers.
- Spread half of the mascarpone mixture over the ladyfingers.
- Repeat with remaining ladyfingers and mascarpone mixture.
- Sprinkle with chopped candied chestnuts.
- Chill for 3 hours before serving.