This is a delicious French classic dessert, the Tarte Tatin aux Coings. It is an upside-down tart made with buttery puff pastry and sweet Coing fruit. This recipe has been passed down for generations and is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters!
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 4–6 coings
- 100g (3.5 oz) butter
- 100g (3.5 oz) sugar
- Preheat oven to 200°C (390°F).
- Peel and core the coings, then cut into thin slices.
- Melt the butter in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the sugar and stir until melted.
- Arrange the coing slices in a single layer in the pan. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Roll out the pastry so it’s slightly larger than the pan. Place over the coings, tucking in any excess dough around the edges.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool slightly before inverting onto a plate.