This hearty dish is a delicious combination of protein-rich kefta or ground chicken patties, spinach and cheese fries, all cooked in a delicious tomato sauce with garlic. Serve this tajine with a side of couscous for a complete meal.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground beef or chicken
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 cups tomato sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the ground beef or chicken and season with cumin, paprika, salt and pepper. Cook until the meat is browned, about 8 minutes.
- Add the spinach and feta cheese and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and bring to a simmer. Cover the skillet and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes.