Tajine of chicken is a classic Moroccan dish made with spices, herbs, and vegetables. It is a flavorful and comforting dish that can be enjoyed any day of the week. This recipe will show you how to prepare a delicious and aromatic tajine that will leave your taste buds wanting more.
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
2. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the spices (ginger, cumin, turmeric, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper) and season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
4. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat to low and add the chicken pieces. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Uncover and add the potatoes, carrots, and raisins (if using). Cover again and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
7. Serve hot.