Tajine of chicken with prunes is a delicious and simple recipe that can be enjoyed by all. This dish combines succulent chicken with sweet dried prunes and fragrant spices for a truly unique flavor. Serve it with couscous, rice, or crusty bread for a complete meal.
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 8 parts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dried prunes, pitted and halved
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the chicken pieces and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 8 minutes.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan and sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in the cumin, ginger, and cinnamon and cook for 1 minute more.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add the prunes and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Serve hot over couscous or rice.