This delicious Moroccan dish is sure to bring a taste of the exotic to any meal. It’s easy to make and is a great way to enjoy a healthy meal.
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups pitted green olives
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken pieces and cook for about 5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Add the onions, garlic, ginger, cumin, turmeric, black pepper and cinnamon; cook for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste and chicken broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in the olives and simmer for an additional 5 minutes. li>