This tajine is a delicious dish that combines the sweetness of mirabelles with the savory flavors and spices of traditional Moroccan cuisine.
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup mirabelles, pitted and halved (or other stone fruit)
- In a large bowl, combine chicken thighs, onion, garlic, cumin, paprika, cinnamon, turmeric, cayenne pepper (if using), salt and pepper. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken mixture and cook until the chicken is cooked through and the onions are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add the mirabelles and cook for another 5 minutes or until they are softened.
Serve over couscous or rice with a side salad. Enjoy!