This delicious tajine of chicken with dried fruits is a great way to enjoy a classic Moroccan dish. The combination of the sweet, savory and spicy flavors makes it a flavorful and hearty dish that everyone will love!
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 3/4 cup raisins or golden raisins
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and sauté until they are softened and lightly browned.
- Add the chicken pieces to the pot and cook until they are lightly browned on all sides.
- Stir in the spices (ginger, cumin, coriander and turmeric) and cook for another minute or two.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring to a boil.