This delicious tajine of chicken with dried fruits is a classic of the Moroccan cuisine. The combination of the sweet and savory flavors make it a unique experience for your taste buds. The ingredients are simple but the result is amazing. You can use whichever dried fruits you like, such as figs, prunes, apricots or apples to give it a unique taste.
- 1 chicken
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup of chicken broth or water
- 2 cups of any combination of dried fruits (figs, prunes, apricots, apples…)
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil.
- Add the diced onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the spices – cumin, ginger, paprika, turmeric – and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. li >< li > Add the chicken and cook until golden on all sides. li >< li > Pour in the chicken broth or water. li >< li > Add in the dried fruits. li >< li > Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. li >< li > Serve hot with cooked couscous or rice. Enjoy! li >