This tajine of chicken with apricots and prunes is a delicious Mediterranean dish that will tantalise your taste buds. The combination of sweet and savoury flavours make it a perfect pairing to any white or rosé wine.
- 1 chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, diced
- 1/2 cup prunes, diced
- In a large skillet or pan over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the chicken pieces and brown on all sides.
- Add in the onions, garlic, cumin, paprika and coriander powder. Cook for about 5 minutes until the onions are softened.
- Stir in the honey, chicken stock, apricots and prunes. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for about 25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.