This chicken tajine recipe will bring a unique flavor to your dinner – sweet and savory, it’s sure to be a hit with everyone. The addition of mirabelles adds a special touch to the dish, making it even more delicious.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup mirabelles (or other stone fruits such as plums or peaches), pitted and quartered
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cumin, cinnamon, salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the apricots and mirabelles and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.