This delicious tajine of chicken with fennel and peas is sure to delight your taste buds. The combination of the fragrant herbs, the sweetness of the peas, and the crunchy fennel make for a delicious meal.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or water
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the cumin and ginger and stir to combine.
- Add the chicken and cook until lightly browned on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Add the broth or water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and add the fennel and peas. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes until chicken is cooked through.