This delicious and simple dish is a great way to make use of leftover roast chicken. The creamy red pepper sauce pairs perfectly with tagliatelle, and the combination makes a perfect midweek meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 ounces tagliatelle pasta
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, oregano and red pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute.
2. Add the diced tomatoes, roasted peppers, chicken broth and cream and bring to a simmer.
3. Reduce heat to low and stir in the Parmesan cheese. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Meanwhile, cook the tagiatelle according to package instructions.
5. Once the sauce has simmered for 10 minutes, add the shredded chicken and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
6. Drain the tagiatelle and add it to the skillet with the sauce. Toss gently until everything is combined.
7. Serve hot.