This stuffed guinea fowl recipe is a classic French dish and a delicious way to serve a whole roast bird. It’s perfect for the holidays, family gatherings or dinner parties.
- 1 Guinea fowl
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter and sauté onion and garlic until softened.
- Add white wine and reduce until almost all liquid has evaporated.
- Add chicken stock, thyme, salt and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place Guinea fowl in roasting pan. Pour onion-garlic mixture over top.
- Roast in preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours or until internal temperature of the bird reaches 165°F (74°C). Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before carving.