This delicious recipe combines the richness of foie gras with the sweetness of dried fruits for a meal that is sure to impress. The combination of flavours in this dish make it a perfect choice for special occasions.
- 1 whole chicken, about 2 1/2 lbs.
- 4 oz. foie gras
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, combine the foie gras, butter, apricots, cranberries and pine nuts. Season with salt and pepper.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- Stuff the chicken with the foie gras mixture. Place in a roasting pan and roast for about 1 1/2 hours or until the juices run clear when pierced with a knife.