This traditional German Christmas cake is full of flavorful candied fruit and sweetened with a delicious glaze. It’s a perfect way to celebrate the festive season!
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup candied fruit, chopped
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Stir in the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg until well blended. Fold in the candied fruit and almonds. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Let cool before glazing.
To Make Glaze: In a small bowl, mix together confectioners’ sugar and melted butter until smooth. Drizzle over cooled loaf.