This classic and Alsatian cookie recipe is a great way to make delicious spritz cookies with a piping bag. The dough is easy to shape, and the cookies are baked crisp and golden. So, let’s get started!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in vanilla extract and egg, and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until fully incorporated.
- Using a piping bag fitted with your desired tip, pipe out the dough onto an ungreased baking sheet, forming into circles or desired shapes.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden.