This spiced quince jelly is the perfect accompaniment for your Christmas foie gras. With its sweet and tart flavour, it adds an extra depth to the dish.
- 2 pounds of quinces
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
- Wash and peel the quinces, then cut them into small cubes.
- Put the quinces in a large saucepan with enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes, until the quinces are very soft.
- Drain the quinces and transfer them to a food processor or blender. Puree until smooth.
- Return the puree to the saucepan and add the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Cook over low heat for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the jelly into sterilized jars and seal tightly. Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.