This smoked trout and endive cream is a delicious and easy-to-make dinner option. The creamy texture of the endives combined with the smoky flavor of the trout creates a dish that is both comforting and elegant. Serve this up with some crusty bread or rice, and you have a meal that will impress your guests.
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 4 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 shallots, finely chopped
– 2 heads endive, thinly sliced
– 1/2 cup white wine
– 1/2 cup heavy cream
– 8 ounces smoked trout, flaked into small pieces
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the garlic and shallots, and cook for about two minutes until fragrant.
3. Add the endive slices, and cook for about five minutes until softened.
4. Pour in the white wine and simmer for another five minutes.
5. Reduce heat to low, add the cream, and stir to combine.
6. Add the smoked trout, season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Cook for another five minutes until everything is heated through.
8. Serve hot with some crusty bread or rice.