This simple Christmas yule log is the perfect dessert for the holiday season. It’s made with chestnut cream and candied orange peel, giving it a unique flavor that will make it a hit among your guests.
- 1 cup chestnut cream
- 1/2 cup candied orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the chestnut cream, candied orange peel and vanilla extract until combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and sugar on high speed until light in color and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chestnut cream mixture to the egg mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the flour and salt until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Grease a 9-inch round cake pan with butter or non-stick spray. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.