This Senegalese Chicken Rice is a delicious and flavorful dish that is perfect for any occasion. The combination of chicken, rice and spices creates a unique and tasty dish that will have your guests asking for more. This recipe is simple to make in the Cookeo, so you can enjoy it anytime.
- 1 cup of long-grain white rice
- 1.5 cups of chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups of cooked chicken, cubed or shredded
Heat the olive oil in the Cookeo on the “Sauté” setting. Add the diced onion and cook until softened and lightly browned. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Then add the tomato paste, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, turmeric and salt and pepper. Stir to combine all ingredients.
Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add the rice and stir to combine everything. Cover with the lid and press “Rice”. Cook for 12 minutes.
When done cooking, add the cooked chicken to the rice and stir to combine everything. Serve hot.