Christmas is a special time of year and what better way to celebrate than with a classic Royal Chocolate (or Trianon) cake. This delicious dessert is sure to please any chocolate lover! Read on to learn how to make this timeless treat.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, mix together the butter, sugar, and eggs until creamy.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour and cocoa powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into a 9 inch round cake pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.
- To make the ganache, heat the cream in a small saucepan until it just begins to simmer. Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate chips until melted and smooth.
- Spread over cooled cake and top with chopped nuts or other decorations of your choice.