This roasted lemon and garlic chicken is a delicious and easy dish that is filled with flavor. It’s perfect for a weeknight dinner or special occasion. The lemon, garlic, and herbs combine to create a mouth-watering aroma that will fill your kitchen as the chicken roasts away. Serve this juicy and flavorful chicken with your favorite sides for a complete meal.
- 1 whole chicken
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 lemons, juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 C). Place the chicken in a roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, lemon juice and zest, olive oil, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour over the chicken.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 1 hour 15 minutes or until the juices run clear when pierced with a fork.