This hearty roasted chicken is full of flavor, thanks to a simple spice rub. Perfect for a weeknight dinner, it’s sure to become a family favorite!
- 1 whole chicken (4-5 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Remove the giblets from the chicken and discard. Rinse the chicken inside and out and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme and black pepper. Rub the spice mixture all over the chicken, making sure to get under the skin as well.
- Place the chicken in a roasting pan and roast for 60-70 minutes, or until the juices run clear when pricked with a fork.