This roasted chicken recipe is sure to tantalize your taste buds. It’s marinated in spices and herbs to give it a delicious smoky flavor, then cooked until the skin is golden and crispy. Serve it with a side of steamed vegetables or potatoes for a complete meal.
- 1 whole chicken, about 4-5 pounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Place an oven rack in the center position.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Rub the spice mixture all over the chicken liberally.
- Place the chicken on a roasting pan lined with foil or parchment paper. Roast for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F (74°C). Check doneness by inserting an instant-read thermometer into the thickest part of the thigh.