This delicious roasted chicken chasseur with mushrooms and bacon is a classic French dish. The combination of herbs, mushrooms, and bacon give this dish a wonderful flavor. It’s an easy dinner to make and is sure to impress your guests.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the thyme, rosemary, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until lightly browned.
- Add wine and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 2 minutes.< li > Place chicken breasts in an ovenproof baking dish. Top with mushroom sauce and then scatter bacon over the top. li > < li > Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. li > < li > Serve warm with your favorite side dishes. li > ol >