This recipe combines the classic flavors of roasted chicken with potatoes, Italian-style. The combination of oregano and garlic give the dish an Italian flair that is sure to please even picky eaters. Serve with a side salad for a complete meal.
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, garlic, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken thighs in a shallow roasting pan. Rub the herb mixture over the tops of the chicken.
- Arrange the potatoes around the chicken in the roasting pan. Drizzle with any remaining herb mixture.
- Roast in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are golden brown.