This delicious roast stuffed chicken with wild garlic is a fantastic dish to make for a special occasion. The combination of succulent chicken, creamy cheese and fragrant wild garlic makes it a real treat!
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 heads wild garlic
- 200g cream cheese
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Remove the giblets from the chicken and discard.
- Rinse the chicken inside and out with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, wild garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Loosen the skin on the chicken breast by gently sliding your fingers between the skin and meat. Stuff half of the cream cheese mixture under the skin of each breast.
- Place the chicken in a large roasting pan and roast for 1 hour or until golden brown and cooked through.