Nothing says “Christmas” like a delicious roast dinner. This traditional roast Christmas dinner recipe is sure to please the whole family.
- 1 (4-pound) boneless beef ribeye roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 celery stalks, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup beef broth
Preheat oven to 350°F. Place the roast in a large roasting pan. Rub the roast with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Scatter the onion, garlic, carrots, and celery around the roast. Pour beef broth over top of the vegetables.
Roast for 1 hour and 45 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat registers 135°F for medium rare.
Allow the roast to rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.