This classic roast dinner is the perfect dish for a Christmas dinner. It’s full of flavor and makes a beautiful presentation. With walnuts, mushrooms, and herbs, this roast will be sure to impress your guests!
- 1 (3- to 4-pound) boneless pork roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and garlic; cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add walnuts and mushrooms; cook until mushrooms are tender and walnuts are lightly browned, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper.
<5i>Place pork roast on cutting board or large plate. Spread mushroom mixture over top of roast.<6i>Transfer roast to roasting pan. Roast in preheated oven until internal temperature registers 145 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer (about 1 hour). Allow roast to rest 10 minutes before carving.