This simple yet delicious roast chicken recipe is packed with flavor thanks to the combination of lemon and garlic. The zesty citrus flavors blend perfectly with the roasted garlic, giving this classic dish a unique twist.
- 1 whole chicken, about 4-5 pounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, sliced into wedges
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Rub mixture all over chicken.
- Place chicken in a roasting pan and arrange lemon wedges around it.
- Roast in preheated oven for 1 hour 15 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh reads 165°F.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before carving and serving.