A great festive roast is perfect for family gatherings and special occasions and this roast chicken or capon stuffed with rice, carrots and green beans makes a tasty centerpiece. Here are some ideas for creating your own delicious roast.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large pot, cook 1 cup of long-grain white rice according to package instructions.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked rice with 2 carrots, diced, 1/2 cup green beans, trimmed and chopped into small pieces, and 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Stuff the mixture into the chicken or capon cavity.
- Place the chicken in a roasting pan and brush it with olive oil. Season it with salt and pepper as desired.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh registers 165°F (74°C).
- Allow the chicken to rest for 10 minutes before carving and serving.