This simple yet delicious dish is a great way to impress your family and friends. Roast Chicken and Italian Potatoes is a classic combination that never fails to please. The chicken is roasted to perfection while the potatoes are cooked in an herby tomato sauce, adding a delicious depth of flavour. Serve with a green salad for a complete meal.
- 1 whole chicken
- 4 potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons tomato purée
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Place the chicken on a roasting tray and season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes, garlic, onion and red pepper with the olive oil. Mix until all the vegetables are coated in oil.
- Spread the vegetable mixture around the chicken.
- In a small bowl mix together the tomato purée, oregano, basil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the vegetables and chicken.
- Roast for 1 hour or until the chicken is cooked through.