This simple yet delicious recipe is the perfect side dish for your festive dinner. Roast butternut squash filled with a mix of cranberries, chestnuts, sausage and herbs will bring a touch of Christmas to your plate.
- 1 medium-sized butternut squash, halved and seeded
- 4 pieces of streaky bacon
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup cooked, peeled chestnuts
- 1/2 lb. cooked sausage meat
- 3 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. dried sage leaves
- 3 tbsp. butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the butternut squash halves in an ovenproof dish, cut-side up.
- In a bowl, combine the bacon, cranberries, chestnuts, sausage meat, parsley and sage leaves.
- Mix together and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into the squash halves and dot each half with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve warm.