This delicious rice pudding is the perfect addition to any Christmas gift basket! With just a few ingredients and a bit of time, you can make this comforting classic for your friends and family.
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a medium saucepan, combine the rice, milk, and sugar. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract and nutmeg. Serve warm or chilled.