This classic French dish makes a delicious family meal. It’s easy to make and combines chicken with a creamy sauce, potatoes and mushrooms.
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 4 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 250g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 400ml of double cream
- 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- In an ovenproof dish, add the chicken breasts, potatoes, olive oil and onions and mix together. Place in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the mushrooms and garlic and cook for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the cream and thyme leaves to the pan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes until thickened.
- Take the chicken out of the oven and pour over the creamy mushroom sauce.
- Return to the oven for 10–15 minutes until everything is cooked through.