Curry chicken is a classic Indian dish that can be served with rice or naan bread. It’s easy to make and uses simple ingredients such as garlic, ginger, onions and spices. To make this dish even more flavorful, add a few drops of lemon juice or some fresh cilantro.
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of freshly grated ginger
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons of curry powder
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger and onion and cook for a few minutes until the vegetables are soft. Add the cumin, coriander, turmeric and curry powder and cook for a few minutes more. Add the chicken cubes and stir to coat with the spices. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink inside. Pour in the coconut milk and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
Serve hot with rice or naan bread.